CHIEF OFFICER QUALIFICATION & RESEARCH
The successful candidate to the position of Chief Officer Qualifications and Research who
will report to the CEO.
The COQR is expected to
provide strategic leadership and guidance to the Enabling Unit (Qualification and Quality Assurance, Sector Skills Planning and Research Units) to achieve strategic
Required knowledge, skills and
- Provide leadership on the identification, development
and registration of Qualifications and Learning Programmes,
- Lead the Research agenda
- Create and/or maintain a corporate culture of quality
management by implementing world class quality management systems (QMS)
- Provide leadership in respect of adherence and
contribution to relevant national QQA policies and practices
- Building and maintaining strategic partnerships with
relevant organisations and institutions,
- Build, lead and maintain an effective team within the
- Implement best practice performance management, coaching
and mentorship methods
- Provide strategic leadership on Risk Management within
- Lead the Unit to achieve set goals and targets within
- Be able to work independently and in a team
- Provide leadership in respect of financial management as
per the PFMA and any other relevant government policies
- Uphold and lead good corporate governance within the
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities and Attributes
- Experience in and exposure to project
- Familiarity with QCTO requirements
- Exposure to SETA environment
- Be willing to work extended working hours from time to
time in order to meet statutory requirements and/or deadlines
- Willingness to undertake extensive travelling from time
- Able to provide strong leadership, coaching and
mentoring of team
- Excellent writing, reporting and presentation
- Financial management and budgeting
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- NQF Level 9 qualification (Masters level) or relevant
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in a top management
- In-depth knowledge of curriculum design and
- Experience in a SETA environment is an added
- A results driven strategic thinker with a proven record
of providing leadership.
ENTERPRISE DATA MANAGER - SOMERSET WEST, WESTERN CAPE
PURPOSE OF THE
With the influx of new systems, it is
of strategic importance that the incumbent understands the flow of data between dependant systems & is able to take control of this functional area on an enterprise level.
The purpose of these requirements is to ensure
that the best match between our expectations for delivery, and the candidate that is interviewed and finally recruited for the role is achieved.
- Preferably a university Bachelors degree with business focus or sciences
- 5 years’ in-depth experience working with master data (e.g., data quality, data compliance,
- Extremely strong interpersonal skills and relationship building
- Must have a solid understanding of and exposure to software development projects, ERP, etc.
- Has been involved in enterprise scale software projects
- Skills in workflow process mapping
- Proven data architecture & process mapping experience
- Able to manage other data champions across various departments
- Strong presentation & reporting skills
- Has experience and involvement across a broad base of enterprise and ERP software / platforms
- Business Analysis courses and diplomas
- Additional certifications such as TOGAF, ITIL, COBIT, AGILE etc.
- Has SAP certifications
- S4/HANA experience
- Enterprise SAP or other ERP implementation experience and involvement
- Experience with specialised data management toolsets e.g. IDEA
- Business Intelligence experience
- Preferable to have experience in manufacturing
- Given the nature of the business, continuous improvement (CI) skills are preferred
- Experience in conflict management
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Collaborate with other data owners to define data and develop related meta-data.
- Provide relevant training and documentation on the use and appropriate handling of these data.
- Develop and promote data quality standards for data entry and reporting of these data.
- Creation of data mapping blueprints
- Ownership of current data definitions & schemas
- Create and manage lists of data shares/traceability
- Create and manage lists of systems supporting data domain
- Able to manage data cleansing on a project level with specific performance metrics & estimates to
- Act as a technical resource with an in-depth understanding of data and information architecture and consult
on data-based decisions
- Provide explanations of data processes and information systems
- Review materials created by stewards or the governance office to confirm their technical validity
- Provide transparency on data architectures and database schemas
- Chair the Data Governance Forum meetings as needed to provide expertise
- Able to identify and describe the complex interplay between data in the various systems of origin and final
use (e.g., reporting, manufacturing, quality, etc.)
- Quantify the impact that technology, organizational structure and business practices have on data
The functional requirements are those elements
that can be delivered by the candidate.
Business process modelling
- Data cleansing process work flows & guidelines
- High level Project management skills
- Knowledge of existing data governance standards
- Familiar with the use of software tools to process map
SALARY: MARKET RELATED
LOGISTICS MANAGER - BOKSBURG
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:Manage
and co-ordinate logistics activities for the successful execution of the business plan from of order placement to client delivery and management of inventory levels, while optimizing plant and stores
materials logistics flows
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Construct & implement the most streamlined, efficient method of product distribution possible (in plant,
inter-department, site-to-site and external to clients)
- Expedite materials deliveries, manage supplier delivery risks and supplier performance
- Review contractual commitments, customer specifications, or related information to determine logistics or support
- Propose, design and implement logistics solutions for internal and external customers;
- Analyze or interpret logistics data involving customer service, forecasting, procurement, manufacturing, inventory,
transportation, or warehousing;
- Identify cost-reduction or process-improvement logistic opportunities;
- Develop specifications for equipment, tools, facility layouts, or material-handling systems;
- Identify or develop business rules or standard operating procedures to streamline operating
- Maintain standards and compliance according to ISO 9000, ISO 1400 and ISO 1800 and related road, rail and air transport
- Optimize inventory management systems / implement stores control measures (inputs and outputs) and implement
- Management of the transport portfolio, ensuring acceptable compliance standards
- People management (performance contracting, succession planning, training and development and discipline) and budget
control (management of overheads, materials & salary cost centers)
- Minimum B-Tech / Degree in Logistics Management/Supply Chain Management.
- CPIM or equivalent additional and advance management studies will be an advantage.
- Knowledge, understanding and transactional exposure on any ERP system is a requirement.
- Min. 8-years Logistics experience in a Manufacturing environment
- 5 years Logistics management/leadership experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Project management experience and exposure in continuous improvement techniques and
- Knowledge of processes,
administration, procedures, quality, production, products, maintenance and safety requirements.
- Knowledge of all modes of transport regulations, compliance standards and INCOTERMS (latest)
SALARY - MARKET RELATED
UNDERWRITER / MARKETER (INSURANCE) - BEDFORDVIEW
- Must have engineering marketing and underwriting experience.
- Must have experience in the following tasks:
- Marketing experience
- Develop new brokers and market presence
- Provide brokers with service of excellence (technical & business support)
- Build relationships with brokers
- Underwriting experience
- Risk analysis of new business.
- Underwriting new business
- Consider treaty requirements
- Negotiating terms with broker
- Calculate MPL
- Arrange facultative reinsurance where necessary
- Requesting, implementing and monitoring of surveys
- SASRIA rating
- Extending existing single project policies
- Analyse Claims
- Consider treaty limitations
- Calculate terms to extend cover
- Analyse Claims
Renewal of Business.
- Negotiate renewals with Brokers
- Fac Reinsurance renewal if applicable.
- Reinsurance Broker
- Experienced in placing facultative reinsurance
- Liaison / negotiation with reinsurers on Facultative business and obtaining quotations and placement of Reinsurance.
- Provide fac in support
- Assist with Credit Control.
- Assist colleagues with technical queries
- Requesting, implementing and monitoring of surveys.
- Develop and arranging specialized covers and risks.
- Feedback on market intelligence including trends in respect of cover and rates.
- Develop, implement and monitor administration processes to ensure efficient policy administration.
- Provide assistance to HR with new appointments and interviews.
- Must be fully FAIS compliant with the required RE certificates.
- Excellent marketing skills are beneficial.
- An engineering degree or engineering insurance background would be an advantage.
- Must be technically proficient.
- Must be able to analyse and assess risks.
Sales Manager to oversee the Sales team with
experience in the THERMAL INSULATION , mines, engineering, building or power generation. Must have strong skills in obtaining product approvals with sasol, eskom etc.
- Ensure all work is in line with ISO guidelines
- Comply with Health & Safety standards at all times.
- Tender documentation preparation and tender sourcing Eskom/ Sasol/ mines,
- Product approval and certification (To be listed as a supplier and have the product approved for use)
- Construction projects from development and meeting with QS and project developers to push to get the
product specified on the projects
- Product marketing and advertising
- Travelling to and from customers and potential customers
- Sourcing new customers within South Africa and Africa
- Ensuring product is specified on civil projects and power projects
- Customer relations and relationship management (New and Old customers)
- Sales reporting
- Marketing strategy development
- Sales strategy development
- Meeting sales targets in terms of GP and turnover
- Receiving orders & insure on time delivery
- Ensure correct info to all the customers, regarding prices & materials
- Ensure correct material is quoted and sold
- Ensure customers are satisfied
- Receiving orders
- Product approval on projects.
- Cold calling customers
- New business development
- Problem solving
- Obtaining customer feedback
- Ensuring products needed to be delivered are done so accordingly
- Presentations to management
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have own vehicle
- Knowledge of insulation material or thermal insulation
- Knowledge of tenders and product approvals
- Knowledge of sourcing new customers in the insulation, mining,building, power generation, government and
- Knowledge of excel and word
- Good communication skills
- Good sales skills (Must have 3- 5 years experience in sales)Must be able to drive to all areas of
- Must be able to travel in and around Africa
- Must be able to generate marketing and sales plans, presentations,budgets and ISO documents for sales
- Must be able to cope with pressure
- Must be willing to learn about thermal insulation and all aspects around it
- Must be able to understand technical information
- Must be able to market the product, develop marketing strategies and daily marketing analysis
- Must be a true and true salesman who can sell any material and can overcome any obstacles around it.
SALARY: R20 000 TO R25 000 per month (negotiable)
BOARD COMMITTEE SECRETARY
The successful candidate as the Board Committee Secretary, reporting
directly to the Chief Executive Officer. The overall purpose of the position is to manage the functioning of the Board.
Key Performance Areas will include but not limited to the
- Assume Board Committee Secretary role for the Board in line with the requirements of legislation.
- Responsible for the administration (meeting packs, catering, logistic
arrangements, venue bookings) for Board and Committee meetings.
- Take and compile minutes for the Board Committees and sub-Committee
- Arrange the Annual General Meeting and other Board related
- Provide administrative support to the Board (recording and filing of
documentation and managing the remuneration of Board Members).
- Manage governance related reporting.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory reporting requirements; act as checkpoint and single exit point for all
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and regulatory environment and take appropriate
- Manage policy development and ensure regular review of these, including Terms of Reference.
- Compile reports of Board Committees for the Board.
- Compile and communicate Board decisions to Senior Management and follow up
- Manage the operational budget of the Board
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Law Degree qualification
- 10 years relevant experience
- Certified Company Secretary qualification
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Planning, implementation, administration, communication and general
- Sound knowledge of the public service system and applicable legislation
and regulations (Skills Development Act, King III, PFMA, Companies Act, etc)
- Account management, communication, team work, dependability,
integrity/ethics, job knowledge, quality and results focused.
JUNIOR FRONTEND DEVELOPER
- Degree in web development and design, preferably BSc
- User interface design skills, functional layout development, implementation and testing.
- Knowledge of online security protocols.
- Strong maths background.
Additional skills (ideally):
- Graphic Design skills
- Knowledge or experience with mobile app development in: Swift/Xcode, Android SDK
- Be able to work individually or in small teams and be able to see a project through all life cycles on a continual basis.
- South African Citizen
SALARY: R15 000 per month